I remember a bumper sticker when I was a kid that read, “I know hard work never hurt anybody, but I’m not taking any chances.” I refused to take that advice.
Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. ~William Jennings Bryan
I hate to break it to you-but if you were waiting for a sign, then here it is.
We spend the majority of our lives waiting for the reassurance that we’re ready to establish the life that we’ve always wanted. We act as if a big blinking sign is going to miraculously appear in front of our eyes to show us which career path we’re destined to take. Are we simply just waiting for the timing to be right, when all the stars are perfectly aligned, to finally find the answers we’ve been desperately searching for?
I can calculate a list of reasons as to why right now isn’t the right time. Come up with a million excuses in my head as to why something I want won’t work out at this given moment. It’s funny how life works. It always seems like a moment is either given to us a little too early or a little too late. You’re convinced that if the timing isn’t right then you can’t achieve something you want. You’re fixated on the idea that you’ll be ready when the perfect moment comes along.
But what if that moment is right now? What if you just took a chance? What if you don’t know what it is you’re waiting for? What if you miss it? What if right now is, in fact, the perfect timing, but you neglect to see it because it isn’t what you were expecting? Should you trust the notion that good things come to those who wait or should you hustle, take the chance, and go for what you truly want?
The chances in April that the Houston Astros would win the World Series were 15/1. Why leave things to chance?
Timing might be a somewhat valid reasoning as to why something isn’t going your way at this moment but timing isn’t everything. If you keep using it as a rationalization then you’ll more than likely miss the chance to finally have timing on your side.
The universe may have a unique way of working itself out, but it’s ultimately up to you to designate your next move. If you keep on waiting, life is going to pass you by without any warning.
- If you want to get to the next level, begin to take on the responsibilities of the next level. Chances are, someone will notice.
- If you want to be looked at as successful, walk like..talk like…dress like you are. Chances are, people will begin to treat you like you are successful.
- If you have a goal, chase it. Chances are, you’ll catch it.
- If you need help, ask for it. Chances are, someone will help.
- If you miss someone, call them. Chances are, they miss you too.
- If you want your children to be model citizens, well, do what the Bible says in Proverbs 22:6 “Teach children how they should live, and they will remember it all their life.” I’m pretty sure of the chances if I don’t.
- If you want change, make a change. Wait…that’s a choice. Exactly!
- Instead of waiting for a flawless shift to happen, make it happen.
Now’s your chance. The chance of a lifetime.
Lead The Way!